Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Looking for work – day 5

Perhaps the job market isn’t as bad as people are saying, I’ve managed to get myself an interview. Admittedly not the best paying job in the world, but it’s enough to cover the bills. And I’ve still got a few other potentials looking positive.

And going off at a tangent, I’ve got an idea for an application somebody could write. I’d do it myself, but I don’t have time right now. Logging into all these job websites to update my CV is a right pain. Keeping track of all the jobs I’ve applied for and all the conversations I’ve had with agents is also hard work. So an application that helps manage all these things would be most useful. It should be able to store all your login details for job websites, then I should be able to do a search across all the sites and also update my CV on all the sites in one action. It should also be able to keep track of job applications, link them to emails in Outlook and so on.

No comments: