Thursday, September 11, 2008

Complete rewrite - two years on

It's almost two years on since I wrote about one of my previous employers starting a complete rewrite of one of the core pieces of the their application suite. So how have things turned out? To tell you the truth I have no idea, nobody from the company will give me any useful information these days. But one thing that I am sure of, the new software hasn't been released yet. So my back of a fag packet estimate of three and half years development time isn't looking quite as daft as it may have done at the time.

Having said that, it is of course possible that the software is done and the company are just waiting for the right time to release it. I remember being blown away when I discovered that Ultimate Play The Game actually held back the release of the ground-breaking Knight Lore game so they could release the less impressive Sabre Wulf without it looking rubbish.

And if you do know anything about the progress of the software of which I'm talking then post a comment, you can do it anonymously...

No comments: