Thursday, September 01, 2022

Land Registry data July 2022

I'm in the process of uploading the latest house sales data for July 2022 to my website. According to the Land Registry, prices are falling on an annual basis but this article caught my eye which claims prices are going up by 10% per year. The Nationwide base their calculations of a different set of data and they probably calculate the numbers differently to me so it's unlikely they would agree completely, but it's still interesting that the direction of travel is completely different. Still, they think the average price of a house is £273,751, my calculations from the Land Registry put it at £266,796, which is in the same ballpark. Maybe they did some funky calculations to remove the effect of the Stamp Duty holiday from last year?

No comments: