Monday, June 11, 2007

Browsers getting interesting again

Well interesting is perhaps stretching it, but certainly confusing. IE7 has been out for a long time now and it seems to have stalled at about 30% usage. Then today Apple released a version of Safari for Windows. So now I have yet another browser to worry about, because I'm guessing quite a few people will start using it, because it's not Microsoft. Yeh, it's based on Mozilla but it's bound to be different to FireFox and it's bound to be different to Safari on the Mac.

And IE7 doesn't make life any easier. I can't forget about IE6, because most people are still using it, but enough people are using IE7 that I can't ignore that either. I will however continue to ignore Opera, Konqueror, Lynx, Netscape and any older versions of IE. Complain if you like, but I have better things to do with my time than worry about browsers with miniscule market share.

No comments: