Saturday, February 28, 2015

UK house price data January 2015

I have uploaded the latest Land Registry house price data to my site. Prices continue their gradual ascent.

The BBC reports the blindingly obvious that there is a wide gap in regional house prices. This is clearly visible if you compare my place of birth with my current abode. Blackburn, like many areas outside the South East, has seen pretty much static house prices since 2008. Kingston upon Thames, like most other areas in London, took a bit of a breather in 2008 and then continued on its upward trajectory. I guess the interesting question is whether this is a permanent change or if the differences in regional prices will revert back to their historical average at some point. I can’t pretend to know the answer to that, but I do know prices in London are insane…

No comments: