Sunday, March 04, 2007

New template

I've finally taken the plunge and upgraded my template for the latest version of the Blogger software. I think the design looks much slicker and the template editing tools in Blogger look more powerful, although I haven't really done much with them yet. I've lost a few things from my template which I will be adding back when I notice them. Edit- Yes, the template editing is much better. Adding tags to posts is a pretty poor experience though. It looks much like adding tags in GMail but the usability is pretty poor. If you add a tag to a post, you're then sent back to the top of the first page of your posts after applying the tag. You can choose to show 300 posts per page but then it all gets very slow and after applying a tag to a post, the post remains selected. This means you have to trawl through all your posts again to find the post to deselect it before adding any other tags.

No comments: